Fee and Payment Structure to attend the International British School
Our School Fees are broken down by Key Stages 1 to 5 (Year Groups 1-13) and are made up of Enrolment Fee and Tuition Fees. To work out what Key Stage or Year Group your child is in, please refer to the Age Placement Guide to see how The British School structure compares with other international school systems.
The fees below reflect costs for the 2023-2024 school year only and are not binding for future school years. All fees must be paid prior to a student’s first day of school. Payment of the fees is a condition for a student’s presence at our school.
An application fee of 5,000 SEK is due at the time of application. This fee is:
- Refundable if the school does not offer the student a place. Unless the child’s registration is carried forward to the following academic year.
- Non-refundable if the school offers the student a place but the student chooses not to take it.
- Not deductible from the tuition fees if the student is offered and accepts a place.
A single one-off payment of SEK 40,000 per student. This Fee is payable after the student has been offered a place and parents have accepted the offer. The Enrolment Fee is a non-refundable fee.
3-Annual Tuition Fees 2022-2023.
- Each full School Year consists of three terms (According to the British Education system).
- School Fees are broken down by Key Stages 1 to 5 (Year Groups 1-13).
- Tuition fees are invoiced per full academic School year.
Key Stages 1 to 5
Tuition Fee 2023/2024
Key Stage 1: Years 1-2
Key Stage 2: Years 3-6
Key Stage 3: Years 7-9
Key Stage 4: Years 10-11
Key Stage 5: Years 12-13
Ø Please note that fees for children who are not registered with their local kommun (i.e who do not have a Swedish personal number) are substantially higher than those listed above.
School Fees for Bilingual Education
There are no fees to attend Bilingual education. Our school is funded in the same way as those run by the municipality, through the Swedish tax system and the school voucher (skolpeng).